Volunteer work parties at Tice’s Meadow
The new season of monthly work parties at Tice’s Meadow starts this month with the emphasis on enhancing the reedbeds by clearing the invasive willow. Surrey Bird Club members are welcome to join. More details below.
- Saturday 23rd September – cutting willow in reedbeds.
- Saturday 21st October – cutting willow in reedbeds.
- Saturday 4th November – cutting willow in reedbeds.
- Saturday 16th December – cutting willow in reedbeds.
Schedule weather dependent & subject to change. See Tice’s Meadow Bird Group (TMBG) social media for updates.
- All work parties start at 10am and last approximately 4 hours.
- Meet at Horton’s Mound, unless stated otherwise.
- All are welcome to join. No experience necessary.
- All tools & equipment, plus tea/coffee & cakes, are provided.
- All tasks are risk assessed & TMBG are fully insured.
- Children are welcome to attend (unless stated otherwise), but it is TMBG policy that: children under 4 may attend, with an adult, both of whom may watch only; children aged 4 to 13 must be accompanied by an adult, and can take part; children aged 14 & 15 can attend unaccompanied when agreed in advance; please contact TMBG in advance if you intend to bring your children.
|Friday Irregulars Outside of the bird nesting season TMBG also holds irregular Friday work parties. Volunteers to preferably bring their own tools and refreshments. Please message TMBG with your mobile number so they can add you to the WhatsApp group.|
|See website for more details: www.ticesmeadow.org|